All appraisals are for Inherent Diminished Value Only and all information used that is supplied by the purchaser is assumed to be credible and accurate. We reserve the right to refuse to do any appraisal.
Ken Nix is an appraiser only and does not offer legal or tax advise. The information presented at this site should not in any way be construed to be legal advice. If you are in need of legal advice, you should seek the help of a qualified attorney in your city and state. Laws vary by state and you are urged to research the specific laws and your rights within your state.
There is no warranty expressed or implied for any information and/or material contained in this web site. By accessing this site and/or purchasing a report, you agree to hold harmless, Ken Nix and/or Diminished Value Auto Appraisers and/or their associates for any damages arising from using the information on this site including direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and/or consequential damages. This website should be used for educational purposes only. No information on this web site should be considered legal or tax advice. Users of this site agree that the laws of Washington County, Oregon, will govern all transactions, and Washington County, Oregon is the only location in which any action may be brought.
When appraising a vehicle, many factors are taken into consideration in determining whether said vehicle has sustained a loss of value due to the result of an accident and subsequent repairs. Components may appear cosmetically sound, but have underlying issues. A Diminished Value report is designed to provide an answer to the problem of determining the repair related, process related, and/or inherent diminished value sustained by the subject vehicle following the repair of collision damages. Vehicles that are involved in a collision almost always suffer a loss in market value due to the general perception that vehicles with an accident history are in some way defective or more likely to present future problems with electrical, wear and tear, or safety related issues.
All appraisals provided through diminishedvalue.net are desk appraisals only and the vehicle has not been physically inspected by the appraiser of the vehicle.
In order to determine if any of the types of diminished value exist, certain research expertise and training is required. Ken Nix possesses all of the training, expertise and research capability which is required to provide a competent and reliable dollar amount reflecting diminished value. Additionally, when analyzing and calculating inherent diminished value, in order to produce the most credible report possible, hypothetical situations are sometimes used due to a lack of sufficient market or sales data.
All opinions, conclusions, calculations, and analysis are based on over 20 years of automotive appraisal experience combined with standards set forth by the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal source and a physical inspection of the subject property. When complete, this report can be used to demonstrate the total diminution in market value of the subject property. My conclusion of value is based on the fact that the titled owner of the property has full and complete control over the use and sale of the vehicle and such value has been assessed as free and clear of encumbrances. In all market and sales comparison research Ken Nix has utilized the loss date as the applicable date for determining the appropriate market. In all instances sales and market data have been evaluated from the perspective of the actual loss date. Ken Nix and DiminishedValueOfOregon.com has made every effort that the information on this website is as accurate as possible however, we assume no responsibility for any omissions and/or errors in this site or our reports. If you require legal services please contact a local attorney in your area. All rights reserved.
Report Terms and Conditions
1. The methods and calculations used in this report are the unbiased opinion of a professional Oregon Certified Appraiser.
2. All statements in this report are considered true and correct.
3. This report was provided at the request of an individual of their own free will and was not solicited for any predetermined reason.
4. The analysis, opinions and conclusions were developed based on the automotive experience of Ken Nix.
5. We have made a personal inspection of the vehicle, which is the subject of this report.
6. The fee for this report is not contingent upon any value reflected in the report, and is charged solely for the purpose of compensating Ken Nix for his time, energy,
costs and expenses associated with providing this report.
7. Ken Nix nor any of his associates have any financial interest in the property which was the subject of this evaluation.
8. Ken Nix assumes no liability for latent or manufacturing defects which may affect the value of the vehicle.
9. Ken Nix reserves the right to recall his report and amend if there is any accidental error or omission.
10. All final numbers in this report have been rounded to the nearest dollar amount.
11. Liability of this report is limited to the actual price paid for the report.
It is our policy to guide clients through the negotiation process regarding their claim. There is however, no guarantee of a specific outcome made by Ken Nix or DiminishedValue.net to our clients at any time. In order to keep the integrity of the report in tact, once the report is ordered/purchased no refunds will be made under any circumstance.
All reports/appraisals must be paid for before work is started to ensure integrity of the report.